Fowles powers LSU over KentuckyJan 19, 2007 - 4:15 AM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles had another double-double to keep Louisiana State on a roll.
Fowles had 16 points and 12 rebounds to lead the eighth-ranked Lady Tigers to a 76-58 Southeastern Conference victory over Kentucky.
It was the 12th double-double of the season and 47th career for the 6-6 Fowles, who moved into fourth place on the school's career rebounding list with 642.
She also helped LSU (17-2, 3-1 SEC) extend its home winning streak to a nation-best 40 straight games. The Lady Tigers have won 18 league games in a row at home.
Quianna Chaney and RaShonta LeBlanc had 14 and 13 points, respectively, for LSU, which opened a 23-4 lead en route to a 37-19 advantage at the break.
Sarah Elliott had 19 points and had eight rebounds for the Wildcats (13-6, 2-2), who shot 37 percent (22-of-59) from the floor.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KENTUCKY 19 39 58
LSU (8) 37 39 76 FINAL
Jan 18 9:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LSU (8) 37 HALFTIME
Jan 18 8:50 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18