Walker helps California clip Oregon StateJan 19, 2007 - 6:26 AM BERKELEY, California (Ticker) -- Ashley Walker's near-perfect shooting held off Oregon State's upset bid.
Walker scored 23 points, including a shot in the lane with 34 seconds left, as No. 22 California held on for a 63-57 victory over the Beavers in a Pac-10 Conference matchup.
Walker finished 11-of-12 from the field and grabbed seven rebounds as California (14-4, 5-3 Pac-10) claimed its third straight win and fifth in six games.
Devani Hampton collected 16 points and 10 rebounds and Natasha Vital had 12 and six assists for the Golden Bears, who shot 57 percent (12-of-21) after intermission to hand the Beavers their third loss in four games.
Casey Nash scored 18 points and Jasmine Smith 15 for Oregon State (7-9, 2-5), which went on a 20-7 run to close within 54-52 with 4:14 to play.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OREGON ST 20 37 57
CALIFORNIA (22) 30 33 63 FINAL
Jan 18 11:45 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OREGON ST 20
CALIFORNIA (22) 30 HALFTIME
Jan 18 10:42 PM
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Weisner leads Oregon State past St. Bonaventure 69-40 Mar 21