Mann, Bowling Green continue roll through Mid-AmericanJan 20, 2007 - 10:27 PM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (Ticker) -- Ali Mann and Bowling Green continue to play above the rest of its competition.
Mann scored 16 points as the No. 17 Falcons recorded their 31st consecutive win over a Mid-American Conference opponent with a 70-50 victory over Central Michigan.
The 6-1 Mann shot 6-of-12 from the field with two 3-pointers and handed out five assists for Bowling Green (16-2, 6-0 MAC East), which finished with a 36-16 advantage in points in the paint.
Carin Horne had 12 points and Liz Honegger added nine for the Falcons, who shot 50 percent (16-of-32) in the first half to grab a 39-20 lead at the break. The lead later grew to 28 points with 12:21 remaining.
Candace Wilson scored 15 points and Britni Houghton 11 for the Chippewas (9-10, 1-5 West), who dropped their fifth straight contest.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CENTRL MICHIGAN 20 30 50
BOWLING GREEN (17) 39 31 70 FINAL
Jan 20 2:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 20
BOWLING GREEN (17) 39 HALFTIME
Jan 20 1:42 PM
- Buffalo women advance to first-ever NCAA Tournament Mar 12
- McFarland's double-double carries Sooners into second round Mar 23
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Cent. Michigan 83, Texas 94 Dec 28
- Raven leads No. 17 Texas past Central Michigan Dec 28
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15
- Keisha Hampton leads DePaul over C. Michigan 86-76 Nov 14