Mosby helps Baylor women snap two-game slideJan 20, 2007 - 10:04 PM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Bernice Mosby had 29 points and 10 rebounds as No. 12 Baylor snapped a two-game slide with a 79-70 Big 12 Conference victory over Kansas State.
Latara Darrett added 15 points and nine boards and Jessica Morrow scored 14 points off the bench for Baylor (16-3, 3-2 Big 12), which was coming off consecutive conference losses to Oklahoma and Texas A&M that abruptly ended a 12-game winning streak.
Mosby scored 17 points in the first half, which the Bears closed with a 10-1 run to take the lead for good at 45-38. Baylor extended the advantage to 12 points early in the second half.
Angela Tisdale scored 12 points for the Bears, who shot under 40 percent (23-of-58) from the field but dominated inside with Mosby, who made 10-of-20 shots and led a 42-32 advantage on the glass.
Baylor held a 26-12 margin in points in the paint and 8-2 in second-chance points.
Claire Coggins and Shalee Lehning scored 20 points apiece for Kansas State (14-4, 2-3), whish shot 41 percent (22-of-54). The Wildcats just missed the rankings in last week's poll but have lost two in a row.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KANSAS ST 38 32 70
BAYLOR (12) 45 34 79 FINAL
Jan 20 4:02 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KANSAS ST 38
BAYLOR (12) 45 HALFTIME
Jan 20 2:55 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19