Greene scores 25 as Connecticut tops DePaulJan 25, 2007 - 3:52 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Kalana Greene scored a career-high 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead No. 5 Connecticut to an 88-76 victory over DePaul in a Big East Conference game.
Greene made 9-of-17 shots in her third double-double of the season to give the Huskies (17-2, 7-0 Big East) their fifth victory in six games. They have won 127 of their last 129 conference contests at home.
Charde Houston was 7-of-10 from the field and scored 19 points and added seven assists to help give Connecticut its third win in four encounters against the Blue Demons (13-7, 3-4).
Tina Charles and Brittany Hunter added 11 points each as the Huskies shot 55 percent (16-of-29) from the floor in the second half to win their 698th game.
Caprice Smith scored 19 points, Allie Quigley had 16 and China Threatt and Jenna Rubino 15 apiece for DePaul, which was outrebounded, 42-32.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DEPAUL 34 42 76
CONNECTICUT (5) 42 46 88 FINAL
Jan 24 9:25 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
DEPAUL VS CONNECTICUT (5)
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
DEPAUL - CHINA THREATT 7, ALLIE QUIGLEY 7
CONNECTICUT - KALANA GREENE 14
Jan 24 8:23 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2