Mosby, Baylor outlast Oklahoma State in Big 12 battleJan 27, 2007 - 10:14 PM STILLWATER, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Bernice Mosby scored 23 points to lead No. 11 Baylor to a 66-55 triumph over Oklahoma State in a Big 12 Conference contest.
It was the third straight victory for the Bears (18-3, 5-2 Big 12), who have bounced back from consecutive losses to Oklahoma and Kansas State earlier this month.
Mosby shot 9-of-17 and grabbed nine rebounds while Rachel Allison finished with 14 points and 12 boards for Baylor, which went on an 8-0 run late in the second half to take a 59-48 advantage with 3:30 left.
Despite struggling offensively, the Bears dominated on the defensive end, forcing 20 turnovers while limiting the Cowgirls (15-5, 3-4) to just 31 percent (18-of-58) shooting.
Reserve Maria Cordero scored 21 points for Oklahoma State, which has lost three of its last four games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BAYLOR (11) 35 31 66
OKLAHOMA ST 29 26 55 FINAL
Jan 27 4:23 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BAYLOR (11) 35
OKLAHOMA ST 29 HALFTIME
Jan 27 3:17 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18