Myrick's double-double lifts Texas Tech past No. 24 TexasJan 27, 2007 - 11:52 PM LUBBOCK, Texas (Ticker) -- Erin Myrick scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as Texas Tech pulled off the upset, posting a 49-48 Big 12 Conference victory over No. 24 Texas.
Reserve Patrice Edwards had 11 points and six boards and Alesha Robertson added nine and eight for the Lady Raiders (13-8, 4-3 Big 12), who have won three straight and five of six vs. the Lady Longhorns.
Myrick shot 5-of-6 from the field and blocked three shots while recording her seventh career double-double for Texas Tech, which shot only 26 percent (15-of-57).
Carla Cortijo and Brittainey Raven each scored 10 points for Texas (14-7, 3-4), which received only two points and two rebounds from Wooden Award candidate Tiffany Jackson, who collected four personal fouls in 15 minutes.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS (24) 24 24 48
TEXAS TECH 20 29 49 FINAL
Jan 27 5:57 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS (24) 24
TEXAS TECH 20 HALFTIME
Jan 27 4:47 PM
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Alabama St.-Texas Preview Mar 18
- NM State women breeze by Rio Grande Valley for WAC title Mar 12