Mann, Bowling Green roll past Eastern MichiganJan 29, 2007 - 1:32 AM YPSILANTI, Michigan (Ticker) -- Ali Mann gave her home state fans something to remember her by.
Mann scored 19 points and grabbed seven rebounds as No. 16 Bowling Green rolled to a 72-55 victory over Eastern Michigan in a Mid-American Conference contest.
A native of Chelsea, Michigan, Mann shot 5-of-9 from the field and handed out three assists in her final collegiate game in her home state.
Kate Achter finished with 22 points for the Falcons (18-2, 8-0 MAC East), who extended their winning streak against conference opponents to 33 straight games. They also won their 11th consecutive game overall.
Leading, 32-21, at the half, Bowling Green extended the lead to 61-42 with 5:21 remaining on an 11-4 run. Mann had five points during the burst.
Kelly Watts had 17 points and eight rebounds and Sarah VanMetre added 14 and seven for the Eagles (11-8, 6-2 West), who shot 37 percent (19-of-51) and committed 20 turnovers in losing for the first time in four games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BOWLING GREEN (16) 32 40 72
EASTRN MICHIGAN 21 34 55 FINAL
Jan 28 6:32 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BOWLING GREEN (16) 32
EASTRN MICHIGAN 21 HALFTIME
Jan 28 5:20 PM
- Eastern Michigan hires Castro as women's basketball coach May 5
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67 Nov 25
- Lady Gamecocks fly past Eagles to the Second Round Mar 17
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- E. Michigan reports women's basketball violations Sep 27
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- No. 5 Notre Dame beats Eastern Michigan 69-59 Dec 2
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15