Hot hand of Bobbitt leads the Volunteers over the TideJan 28, 2007 - 11:54 PM TUSCALOOSA, Alabama (Ticker) -- Shannon Bobbitt scored 20 points to lead a balanced attack as No. 4 Tennessee kept Alabama winless in Southeastern Conference play with an 80-51 victory.
Alberta Auguste and Alexandra Fuller each scored 12 points off the bench and Sidney Spencer added 10 for the Lady Vols (19-2, 6-0 SEC), who made 9-of-22 3-pointers. Bobbitt was 6-of-10 from the arc and Auguste 3-of-3.
Tennessee held a 32-23 halftime lead and caught fire in the second half, shooting 59 percent (17-of-29) from the field with six 3-pointers.
Tennessee forced 30 turnovers by Alabama and converted them into 37 points.
Navonda Moore scored 25 points for the Crimson Tide (10-12, 0-7). Talisha Chandler added 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE (4) 32 48 80
ALABAMA 23 28 51 FINAL
Jan 28 4:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TENNESSEE (4) 32
ALABAMA 23 HALFTIME
Jan 28 3:53 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21