Carson leads Rutgers past MarquetteJan 31, 2007 - 6:46 AM PISCATAWAY, New Jersey (Ticker) -- Essence Carson scored a career-high 25 points as No. 25 Rutgers posted a 66-56 Big East Conference victory over No. 18 Marquette.
Epiphanny Prince had 15 points and Kia Vaughn added 14 and nine rebounds for the Lady Knights, who helped coach C. Vivian Stringer achieve her 150th career Big East win.
Carson shot 9-of-14 from the field, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range for Rutgers (13-6, 6-2 Big East), which shot 45 percent (21-of-47) and beat its second straight top-25 opponent.
On Sunday the Lady Knights beat Michigan State at home, 63-57.
Christina Quaye scored 14 points and Krystal Ellis had 12 for the Golden Eagles (19-3, 7-2), who shot just 32 percent (18-of-56) and lost for the first time in five games.
Efueko Osagie-Landry added 11 points for Marquette, which was held to its season low in points and fell to 0-2 all-time vs Rutgers.
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- Mitchell scores 22, No. 7 Ohio State beats Rutgers Jan 24
- No. 21 Michigan State women top Rutgers 59-48 after big run Jan 19
- Mitchell's 31 points leads No. 5 Ohio State over Rutgers Jan 10
- Jenkins, No. 25 DePaul women beat Marquette 91-86 Dec 29
- No. 21 Arizona State defeats Marquette 90-80 Dec 20
- Hamblin helps No. 7 Oregon St to 65-58 win over Marquette Dec 3
- No. 13 Florida State women beat Rutgers 65-43 Dec 3