Griffin carries No. 22 Nebraska past Iowa StateFeb 1, 2007 - 7:28 AM LINCOLN, Nebraska (Ticker) -- Kelsey Griffin handed business in the middle and Kiera Hardy did the same from the arc.
Griffin had 15 points and six rebounds and Hardy scored 14 as 22nd-ranked Nebraska posted a 62-49 triumph over Iowa State in a Big 12 Conference matchup.
The Lady Huskers (18-4, 6-2 Big 12) matches their best start in school history through 22 games, tying the 1987-88 squad, which captured the program's only Big Eight conference title.
Nebraska shot 46 percent (13-of-28) from the floor in the opening 20 minutes en route to holding a 33-26 advantage at intermission.
Toccara Ross scored 14 points and Megan Ronhovde added 13 for Cyclones (16-6, 4-6), who shot just 36 percent (19-of-52) and made 3-of-18 from 3-point range.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IOWA ST 26 23 49
NEBRASKA (22) 33 29 62 FINAL
Jan 31 9:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
IOWA ST 26
NEBRASKA (22) 33 HALFTIME
Jan 31 8:50 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3