Ohio State rolls to 13th straight win by routing NorthwesternFeb 2, 2007 - 6:32 AM EVANSTON, Illinois (Ticker) -- Star Allen made sure that Northwestern continued its futile search.
Allen scored 13 of her 19 points in the second half as sixth-ranked Ohio State rolled to its 13th consecutive win with a 66-42 victory over the Wildcats in a Big Ten Conference mismatch.
The sophomore forward finished 8-of-11 from the field and grabbed 15 rebounds for the Buckeyes (20-1, 9-0 Big Ten), who remained the only undefeated team in the conference.
On the other hand, Northwestern (6-17, 0-10) dropped its sixth straight game by at least 24 points to remain the lone winless team in the Big Ten.
Jessica Davenport had 12 points and nine rebounds and Brandie Hoskins added 12, six and six assists for Ohio State, which shot 56.5 percent (13-of-23) in the first half to charge out to a 36-20 halftime lead.
Kristin Cartwright scored 12 points for the Wildcats, who were unable to deal with the Buckeyes' size, getting outrebounded, 46-30, and outscored in the paint, 40-20.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OHIO ST (6) 36 30 66
NORTHWESTERN 20 22 42 FINAL
Feb 1 9:48 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OHIO ST (6) 36
NORTHWESTERN 20 HALFTIME
Feb 1 8:50 PM
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Coffey, Northwestern women upset Indiana in Big Ten Mar 4