Second-half rally helps Arizona State edge WashingtonFeb 2, 2007 - 8:27 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Jill Noe scored 13 points and Kate Engelbrecht and Danielle Orsillo added 11 each as No. 10 Arizona State posted a 75-64 Pac-10 Conference victory over Washington.
Noe finished 4-of-8 from the field and sank three 3-pointers in helping the Sun Devils (20-3, 10-2 Pac-10) put together a second-half run to avoid consecutive losses for the first time this season.
Arizona State, which absorbed a 73-65 overtime loss to No. 9 Stanford on Saturday, shot 57 percent (16-of-28) in the second half to overcome a 35-34 deficit at intermission.
Emily Westerberg scored 10 points and pulled down seven rebounds for the Sun Devils.
Cameo Hicks had 16 points and six boards for the Huskies (13-10, 6-6), who lost despite a 37-31 rebounding edge and 13-0 advantage in second-chance points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA ST (10) 34 41 75
WASHINGTON 35 29 64 FINAL
Feb 1 11:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA ST (10) 34
WASHINGTON 35 HALFTIME
Feb 1 10:53 PM
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Washington relishing NCAA tourney run to Sweet 16 Mar 23