Wisconsin-Green Bay women win 15th straight gameFeb 4, 2007 - 6:32 AM GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (Ticker) -- Amanda Popp scored 16 points to lead six players in double digits as No. 24 Wisconsin-Green Bay cruised to its 15th straight victory, an 88-60 rout of Horizon League foe Detroit.
Wisconsin-Green Bay (18-3, 9-0 Horizon League) controlled play and held a 48-27 halftime lead over Detroit (4-19, 1-9). The Phoenix continued their dominance in the second half, when Nicole Soulis scored 13 of her 15 points.
Rachel Porath scored 14 points and backcourt mate Natalie Berglin added 12 for Wisconsin-Green Bay, which shot 48.5 percent (33-of-68) from the field and 15-of-17 from the line.
Detroit shot under 27 percent (19-of-59) from the field and was led by junior forward Joyce Massey, who scored 15 points.
Wisconsin-Green Bay next faces in-state rival Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Friday.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DETROIT 27 33 60
WISC GREEN BAY (24) 48 40 88 FINAL
Feb 3 9:45 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (24) 48 HALFTIME
Feb 3 8:45 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Jankoska, No. 24 Michigan State women beat Detroit 81-42 Dec 21
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Detroit gives Rademacher three-year extension May 21
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10