Johnson leads Michigan State past IllinoisFeb 4, 2007 - 10:33 PM EAST LANSING, Michigan (Ticker) -- Mia Johnson scored 22 points and Michigan State beat Illinois for the seventh straight time with an 80-70 victory in a Big Ten Conference matchup.
Johnson made four 3-pointers and was 8-of-8 from the line for the Spartans (17-6, 8-2 Big Ten), who have won two straight after a two-game losing skid.
Aisha Jefferson scored 19 points and Allyssa DeHaan added 14 off the bench for Michigan State. DeHaan was 7-of-8 from the field and added seven rebounds and three blocks.
Lori Bjork had 19 points and Danyel Crutcher 10 for Illinois (16-6, 6-4).
Bjork pulled the Illini within 65-64 on a basket with 4:18 to play but the Spartans responded with a 15-6 run to close out the game.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ILLINOIS 39 31 70
MICHIGAN ST (23) 46 34 80 FINAL
Feb 4 3:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
MICHIGAN ST (23) 46 HALFTIME
Feb 4 2:51 PM
- Illinois women lose leading scorer Chatrice White Apr 15
- Illinois athletic director: Women's coach will be back Mar 23
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away to beat Belmont 74-60 Mar 18
- Belmont-Michigan St. Preview Mar 17
- Michigan State's star insists she isn't thinking about WNBA Mar 16
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Penn State tops Illinois 75-66 at Big Ten women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 20 Michigan St outlasts No. 5 Ohio St 107-105 in 3 OTs Feb 27