Parker, Tennessee top Georgia, remain unbeaten in SEC playFeb 6, 2007 - 3:41 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker had 22 points and 11 rebounds and Alexis Hornbuckle added 14 and nine as third-ranked Tennessee remained unbeaten in Southeastern Conference play with a 73-57 victory over No. 14 Georgia.
Alex Fuller scored 11 points for the Volunteers, who shot 46 percent (28-of-61) from the field and 5-of-18 from the arc.
One of the nation's top players, Parker dominated, shooting 8-of-14 from the floor and 6-of-7 from the line. Hornbuckle was 7-of-12 from the field for Tennessee (21-2, 8-0 SEC), which stayed atop the league standings with their eighth straight conference win.
Tasha Humphrey collected 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs (19-5, 6-3), who shot just 38 percent (19-of-50).
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23