Hardy, Nebraska tops Kansas StateFeb 8, 2007 - 7:01 AM MANHATTAN, Kansas (Ticker) -- Nebraska left home but continued its late-season surge.
Kiera Hardy scored 13 points to lead the No. 21 Cornhuskers to a 62-55 victory over Kansas State in a Big 12 Conference contest.
Ashley Ford contributed 11 points and Chelsea Aubry grabbed 12 rebounds for Nebraska (20-4, 8-2 Big 12), which extended its winning streak to four and has now won seven of its last eight games.
Despite committing 21 turnovers, the Cornhuskers won primarily because of the terrific production from their bench, which outscored the Wildcats' reserve, 23-4.
Shalee Lehning had 15 points and Kimberly Dietz added 14 for Kansas State (15-8, 3-7 Big 12), which lost its fourth consecutive game en route to being swept in the series series.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NEBRASKA (21) 32 30 62
KANSAS ST 25 30 55 FINAL
Feb 7 10:02 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NEBRASKA (21) 32
KANSAS ST 25 HALFTIME
Feb 7 8:49 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17