Parker keeps Tennessee unbeaten in conference playFeb 9, 2007 - 2:51 AM AUBURN, Alabama (Ticker) -- Candace Parker kept Tennessee unbeaten in league play.
Parker had 25 points and 11 rebounds and Alexis Hornbuckle had 12 and nine as third-ranked Tennessee posted a 72-62 Southeastern Conference victory over Auburn.
Nicky Anosike collected 10 points and six rebounds for the Lady Volunteers, who shot 40 percent (27-of-67) from the field and outrebounded the Tigers, 42-35.
Parker shot 8-of-15 from the floor and 9-of-10 from the line, and Hornbuckle was 6-of-13 from the field for Tennessee (22-2, 9-0 SEC), which remained dominant against league opponents.
DeWanna Bonner had 17 points and 12 rebounds for Auburn (17-8, 4-5), which shot 40 percent (21-of-53) and committed 18 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE (3) 32 40 72
AUBURN 24 38 62 FINAL
Feb 8 9:01 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TENNESSEE (3) 32
AUBURN 24 HALFTIME
Feb 8 7:54 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21