George Washington rolls over DuquesneFeb 9, 2007 - 3:22 AM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- George Washington relied on its long-range shooting to stay perfect in conference play.
Jessica Adair had 14 points and 10 rebounds and the ninth-ranked Colonials hit a season-high nine 3-pointers to defeat Duquesne, 76-46, in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
Kimberly Beck scored 13 points, Sarah-Jo Lawrence added 12 and Kenan Cole 11 for George Washington (20-2, 9-0 A-10). The trio combined to shoot 8-of-14 from the arc.
The Colonials hit seven 3-pointers in building a 37-25 halftime lead. After Duquesne (7-15, 2-7), scored the first basket of the second half, Adair scored five points in a 14-0 run to make it 51-27 with 14 1/2 minutes left.
Loui Hall scored 17 points for the Dukes, who shot just 34 percent (17-of-50) overall but did hit 6-of-10 shots from the arc.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DUQUESNE 25 21 46
GEO WASHINGTON (9) 37 39 76 FINAL
Feb 8 8:44 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEO WASHINGTON (9) 37 HALFTIME
Feb 8 7:49 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Big three lead UConn past Duquesne 97-51 in NCAA round two Mar 22
- Duquesne-UConn Preview Mar 20
- Top-seed UConn faces confident Duquesne team in second round Mar 20
- Duquesne beats Seton Hall 97-76 in NCAA tournament debut Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Duquesne-Seton Hall Preview Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Duquesne upsets No. 25 St. John's women, 76-57 Dec 19
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28