Gearlds leads Purdue over IllinoisFeb 9, 2007 - 3:39 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Katie Gearlds scored 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead No. 13 Purdue to a 69-57 Big Ten Conference victory over Illinois.
Linds Wisdom-Hylton scored 19 points and FahKara Malone added 14 with eight steals for Purdue (21-4, 10-1 Big Ten), which overcame just 38 percent (24-of-63) shooting by forcing 21 turnovers.
Gearlds shot 9-of-18, including 3-of-8 from 3-point range, as the Boilermakers won for the seventh time in the last eight games. Illinois (16-7, 6-5) trailed, 25-19, at halftime after shooting just 27 percent (6-of-22).
Lacey Simpson collected 12 points and 11 rebounds and Lori Bjork and Chelsea Gordon each scored 11 points for the Fighting Illini, who shot 42 percent (22-of-53).
- Illinois women lose leading scorer Chatrice White Apr 15
- Illinois athletic director: Women's coach will be back Mar 23
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- Penn State tops Illinois 75-66 at Big Ten women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 20 Michigan State women use big 4th to top Illinois Feb 24
- Alston scores 39 and No. 5 Ohio St routs Illinois 117-74 Feb 21
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2
- Alston scores 24, No. 7 Ohio State women beat Illinois 80-70 Feb 1