Hardy leads Nebraska over ColoradoFeb 11, 2007 - 1:05 AM BOULDER, Colorado (Ticker) -- Kiera Hardy scored 16 points to lead No. 21 Nebraska to a 54-44 Big 12 Conference victory over Colorado.
The Cornhuskers (21-4, 9-2 Big 12) won their fifth straight game and remained tied with Texas A&M atop the conference standings. The Aggies also beat No. 9 Oklahoma on Saturday.
Chelsea Aubry had 11 points for Nebraska, which overcame 37 percent (23-of-62) shooting from the field by outrebounding Colorado, 42-32.
Kelsey Griffin added eight points and 11 rebounds for the Cornhuskers, who held a 30-20 lead at the half.
Jackie McFarland scored nine points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Buffaloes (10-13, 4-7), who shot just 35 percent (18-of-51) in falling to 0-5 vs. ranked teams this season.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NEBRASKA (21) 30 24 54
COLORADO 20 24 44 FINAL
Feb 10 5:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NEBRASKA (21) 30
COLORADO 20 HALFTIME
Feb 10 4:48 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Colorado women's coach Linda Lappe resigns Mar 7
- Washington women beat Colorado 67-51 in Pac-12 tourney Mar 4
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- McPhee leads No. 15 Stanford women past Colorado 80-49 Feb 20