Humphrey guides Georgia past South CarolinaFeb 12, 2007 - 12:59 AM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Tasha Humphrey had 23 points and 11 rebounds to lift No. 12 Georgia to an 81-57 romp over South Carolina in a Southeastern Conference matchup.
The Lady Bulldogs (21-5, 8-3 SEC) scored 19 straight points to take a 22-4 lead and extended the margin to 28 points before taking a 46-21 lead into the half.
Humphrey registered her fourth double-double in the past sixth games in helping Georgia to a 38-29 advantage on the backboards.
Ashley Houts and Megan Darrah added 13 points apiece for the Lady Bulldogs, who shot 54 percent (30-of-56) from the floor.
Lauren Simms scored 25 points on 10-of-16 shooting for South Carolina (14-12, 4-7), which committed 23 turnovers that led to 29 points for Georgia.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SOUTH CAROLINA 21 36 57
GEORGIA (12) 46 35 81 FINAL
Feb 11 4:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SOUTH CAROLINA 21
GEORGIA (12) 46 HALFTIME
Feb 11 3:56 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Syracuse women stun South Carolina 80-72 in regional semis Mar 25
- Syracuse-South Carolina Preview Mar 24
- Syracuse's press will be challenge for South Carolina women Mar 24
- Gamecocks' A'ja Wilson poised for run to top of women's game Mar 22
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20