Harding, Duke feast on struggling Wake ForestFeb 11, 2007 - 10:52 PM WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Lindsey Harding and Duke continued to have very few problems with their undefeated run through the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Harding scored 13 points and grabbed eight rebounds as the top-ranked Blue Devils posted a 77-45 victory over struggling Wake Forest.
Not even some shooting issues could prevent Duke (26-0, 11-0 ACC) from rolling to its latest win. Despite finishing 22-of-64 (34 percent) from the field, the Blue Devils recorded their sixth consecutive win by at least 10 points.
On the other hand, the Demon Deacons (9-15, 0-10) absorbed yet another rout in league play, falling by at least 26 points for the third straight game.
Freshman Joy Cheek scored 13 points and Wanisha Smith added 11 and seven rebounds for Duke, which took advantage of the sloppy play by Wake Forest, scoring 26 points on 19 turnovers.
Corinne Groves and Alex Tchangoue had 15 points apiece for the Demon Deacons, who shot 30 percent (17-of-57), including 4-of-16 from the arc.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DUKE (1) 35 42 77
WAKE FOREST 20 25 45 FINAL
Feb 11 4:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
DUKE (1) 35
WAKE FOREST 20 HALFTIME
Feb 11 3:51 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- Turner's double-double leads No. 2 Irish past Wake Forest Feb 18
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1