Ohio State clips Illinois to remain undefeated in Big TenFeb 12, 2007 - 2:45 AM CHAMPAIGN, Illinois (Ticker) -- Jessica Davenport scored 28 points and grabbed eight rebounds as fifth-ranked Ohio State posted a 69-60 victory over Illinois to remain unbeaten in Big Ten Conference.
Marscilla Packer added 17 points and five assists for the Buckeyes (23-1, 12-0 Big Ten), who shot 47 percent (25-of-53) from the field, including 6-of-15 from the arc.
Ohio State was able to remain without a blemish in league play despite being on the short end in rebounding, 41-31, and outscored in points in the paint, 28-22.
Star Allen scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Buckeyes, who extended their winning streak to 16 games.
Lori Bjork scored 17 points and Danyel Crutcher added 13 points and 10 rebounds for Illinois (16-8, 6-6 Big Ten).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OHIO ST (5) 31 38 69
ILLINOIS 25 35 60 FINAL
Feb 11 4:41 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OHIO ST (5) 31
ILLINOIS 25 HALFTIME
Feb 11 3:41 PM
- Illinois women lose leading scorer Chatrice White Apr 15
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Illinois athletic director: Women's coach will be back Mar 23
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5