Parker powers Tennessee over KentuckyFeb 12, 2007 - 2:22 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker kept Tennessee perfect in league play.
Parker scored 31 points to lead the third-ranked Lady Vols to an 84-62 Southeastern Conference victory over Kentucky.
Tennessee (23-2, 10-0 SEC) raced out to a 48-25 halftime lead, and with 1:40 left before the break, Parker (22) had outscored Kentucky (21) by herself.
Sidney Spencer and Shannon Bobbitt scored 12 points apiece for the Lady Vols, who shot 53 percent (33-of-62) from the field.
Sarah Elliott had 21 points and 10 rebounds and Jennifer Humphrey added 15 for the Wildcats (16-10, 5-6), who outrebounded Tennessee, 40-24, but committed 25 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KENTUCKY 25 37 62
TENNESSEE (3) 48 36 84 FINAL
Feb 11 7:21 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TENNESSEE (3) 48 HALFTIME
Feb 11 6:15 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26