North Carolina bounces back with winFeb 13, 2007 - 3:02 AM TALLAHASSEE, Florida (Ticker) -- North Carolina rebounded from its only loss of the season Monday night, beating Atlantic Coast Conference foe Florida State, 80-59.
The Tar Heels, who remained at No. 2 following a loss last Wednesday to rival and top-ranked Duke, overcame 28 turnovers to down the overmatched Seminoles, who featured 23 turnovers of their own.
North Carolina (21-1, 9-1 ACC) led by as many as 25 points in the second half.
Point guard Ivory Latta led the Tar Heels with 21 points on 7-of-13 shooting, and forward Erlana Larkins added 16 on 8-of-9 shooting to go with her team-leading nine rebounds.
Florida State (18-7, 7-3) managed 30 percent (21-of-69) shooting for the game. The Seminoles were led by Mara Freshour, who finished with 12 points on 3-of-12 shooting.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 36 44 80
FLORIDA ST 26 33 59 FINAL
Feb 12 9:03 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 36
FLORIDA ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 12 7:56 PM
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2