Paris leads Oklahoma to rout of TexasFeb 13, 2007 - 3:45 AM NORMAN, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Oklahoma took down Big 12 Conference foe Texas in Norman, 78-58.
The Sooners were led by star center Courtney Paris who poured in 27 points on 11-of-18 shooting to go along with 15 rebounds. Sister Ashley Paris helped out with 15 points and 11 boards of her own.
Oklahoma (19-4, 9-3 Big 12), which had lost three of its last four games, used a 47-to-33 advantage on the boards to build a 28-point lead early in the second half.
Texas (16-10, 5-7) managed just 30 percent shooting (18-of-60) for the game, and could not overcome a 48-22 halftime deficit.
The Lady longhorns were led by Tiffany Jackson who scored 19 points on 5-of-14 shooting.
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20