Parker, Tennessee topple MississippiFeb 16, 2007 - 4:39 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker had 25 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists to help No. 3 Tennessee remain unbeaten in the Southeastern Conference with a 81-69 victory over Mississippi.
Shannon Bobbitt scored 15 points and Alexis Hornbuckle added 12 and eight rebounds for the Lady Vols (24-2, 11-0 SEC), who pushed their winning streak to seven games.
Parker shot 9-of-16 from the field and converted 7-of-9 free throws for Tennessee, which finished 45 percent (30-of-67) from the floor and made 17-of-21 (81 percent) attempts from the stripe.
Armintie Price scored 13 points, seven rebounds and four steals for Mississippi (19-8, 8-4 SEC), which shot just 34 percent (12-of-35) in the second half.
Danetra Forrest scored 11 points and Ashley Awkward, Carla Bartee and Bianca Thomas added 10 apiece for the Rebels, who had their two-game league road winning streak snapped.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OLE MISS 29 40 69
TENNESSEE (3) 34 47 81 FINAL
Feb 15 9:02 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OLE MISS 29
TENNESSEE (3) 34 HALFTIME
Feb 15 7:51 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21