Wisconsin-Green Bay beats down Youngstown StateFeb 16, 2007 - 6:23 AM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (Ticker) -- Nicole Soulis scored 23 points and grabbed seven rebounds as No. 25 Wisconsin-Green Bay defeated Youngstown State, 74-62, in a Horizon League matchup.
Natalie Berglin scored 15 points and Rachel Porath and Amanda Popp each had 10 points for the Phoenix (20-3, 11-0 Horizon), who remain perfect in conference action with their 17th straight win.
Soulis shot 6-of-10 from the field for Wisconsin-Green Bay, which finished 44 percent (24-of-54) from the floor and held a 30-8 advantage in points in the paint.
The Phoenix also won the rebound battle, 35-27, and finished with a 24-13 edge in second-chance points.
Heather Karner scored 17 points off the bench and Velissa Vaughn added 13 for the Penguins (7-16, 5-7), who shot 40 percent (21-of-52) from the floor and 33 percent (8-of-24) on 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WISC GREEN BAY (25) 43 31 74
YOUNGSTOWN ST 34 28 62 FINAL
Feb 15 8:48 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (25) 43
YOUNGSTOWN ST 34 HALFTIME
Feb 15 7:47 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10
- Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright State Feb 11
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9