Starks' jumper leads Texas A&M past Oklahoma StateFeb 18, 2007 - 4:11 AM STILLWATER, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Takia Starks scored 13 points, including the game-winning jumper with under a second to play, to give No. 16 Texas A&M a 62-60 victory over Oklahoma State in a Big 12 Conference matchup.
Danielle Gant scored 14 points and grabbed 14 rebounds and center La Toya Micheaux also had 11 rebounds to help Texas A&M overcome 22 turnovers.
The win keeps the Lady Aggies (20-5, 10-3 Big 12) tied atop the conference with Oklahoma.
Andrea Riley led Oklahoma State (17-9, 5-8) with 21 points on 7-of-17 shooting, but the Cowgirls shot just 36 percent (21-of-58) for the game ,including just 5-of-21 on 3-pointers.
The game featured 11 ties and 10 lead changes. The last time these teams played, on January 30 in College Station, Gant hit a free throw with one second left to give the Lady Aggies the win.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS A&M (16) 28 34 62
OKLAHOMA ST 28 32 60 FINAL
Feb 17 10:03 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS A&M (16) 28
OKLAHOMA ST 28 HALFTIME
Feb 17 8:47 PM
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- St. Bonaventure-Oklahoma St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- West Virginia women whip No. 22 Oklahoma State 82-48 Feb 27