Beck, GW overcome shooting issues to beat St. LouisFeb 18, 2007 - 11:12 PM ST LOUIS (Ticker) -- Not even some poor shooting could bring an end to George Washington's run through the Atlantic 10 Conference.
Kimberly Beck and Sarah-Jo Lawrence scored 16 points as the ninth-ranked Colonials claimed their 16th consecutive win with a 64-47 victory over Saint Louis.
The third-best shooting team in the conference at 43.7 percent, George Washington (23-2, 12-0 A-10) dealt with a subpar effort from the field, converting just 21-of-60 (35 percent), including 4-of-12 3-pointers.
Beck finished 5-of-11 but made two of her five 3-pointers. The junior guard also handed out six assists and collected three of her team's 12 steals.
Jessica Adair had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Colonials, who have not lost since a setback at Tennessee on December 7.
Theresa Lisch scored 14 points for the Billikens (11-15, 3-9), who shot 32 percent (17-of-53) in losing their second straight game.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEO WASHINGTON (9) 27 37 64
SAINT LOUIS 18 29 47 FINAL
Feb 18 3:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEO WASHINGTON (9) 27
SAINT LOUIS 18 HALFTIME
Feb 18 2:47 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Saint Louis women are Atlantic 10 co-champion for first time Mar 3
- Saint Louis sets school mark with 19 victories Feb 17
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78 Nov 26
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53 Nov 24
- No. 15 Stanford women beat 22nd-ranked George Washington Nov 21