Williams, Vanderbilt pound on South CarolinaFeb 18, 2007 - 11:58 PM NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Caroline Williams scored 26 points as No. 13 Vanderbilt shot past South Carolina, 83-65, in a Southeastern Conference matchup.
Carla Thomas had 14 points and eight rebounds and Dee Davis added 12 for the Commodores (23-4, 9-3 SEC), who won their sixth consecutive game.
Williams hit 8-of-10 from the field and 6-of-8 from the 3-point line for Vanderbilt, which shot 61 percent (28-of-46) from the floor and held an 66-28 advantage in points from the starting five.
Melanie Johnson scored 14 points as the lone double-digit scorer for the Gamecocks (15-13, 5-8), who shot 35 percent (23-of-66) from the field and 30 percent (3-of-15) in 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SOUTH CAROLINA 24 41 65
VANDERBILT (13) 45 38 83 FINAL
Feb 18 4:50 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SOUTH CAROLINA 24
VANDERBILT (13) 45 HALFTIME
Feb 18 3:49 PM
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Syracuse women stun South Carolina 80-72 in regional semis Mar 25
- Syracuse-South Carolina Preview Mar 24
- Syracuse's press will be challenge for South Carolina women Mar 24
- Gamecocks' A'ja Wilson poised for run to top of women's game Mar 22
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19