Iowa State handles NebraskaFeb 21, 2007 - 4:12 AM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Megan Ronhovde scored 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Iowa State knocked off No. 20 Nebraska, 64-53, in a Big 12 Conference showdown.
Lyndsey Medders had 13 points, nine rebounds and eight assists and Toccara Ross 10 points and nine rebounds for Iowa State (20-7, 8-6 Big 12), which has won three straight.
Ronhovde made 6-of-14 shots, including 3-of-7 from the arc for the Cyclones, who shot 38 percent (24-of-64) from the floor and made nine 3-pointers.
Danielle Page and Kiera Hardy each scored 12 points for Nebraska (21-7, 9-5), which never led and shot 34 percent (22-of-65) from the field.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NEBRASKA (24) 19 34 53
IOWA ST 26 38 64 FINAL
Feb 20 9:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NEBRASKA (24) 19
IOWA ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:48 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3