Wisconsin-Green Bay beats up Wright StateFeb 23, 2007 - 3:42 AM GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (Ticker) -- Kayla Groh and Kati Harty each scored 12 points as No. 23 Wisconsin-Green Bay demolished Wright State, 73-42, in a Horizon League matchup.
Amanda Popp scored 10 points and nabbed three steals for Wisconsin-Green Bay (22-3, 13-0 Horizon), which has won 19 consecutive games and remained unbeaten in conference play.
The Phoenix shot 49 percent (28-of-57) from the floor and forced 31 turnovers which led to a 31-11 advantage in points off of turnovers.
Brittany Whiteside scored nine points for Wright State (7-17, 5-8), which did not have any double-figure scorers and have lost five of their last seven games. The Raiders shot 43 percent (17-of-40) from the floor and 22 percent (2-of-7) from behind the arc.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WRIGHT ST 22 20 42
WISC GREEN BAY (23) 31 42 73 FINAL
Feb 22 9:39 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WRIGHT ST 22
WISC GREEN BAY (23) 31 HALFTIME
Feb 22 8:37 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77 Nov 26
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Kentucky coasts past Wright State Mar 22
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11