Bjork leads Illinois to upset winFeb 23, 2007 - 5:40 AM CHAMPAIGN, Illinois (Ticker) -- Lori Bjork scored 12 points to lead Illinois to a 56-46 Big Ten Conference upset over No. 20 Michigan State.
Chelsea Gordon and Erin Wigley each had nine points for the Fighting Illini (18-9, 8-7 Big Ten), who shot 42 percent (22-of-52) from the field and outscored the Spartans, 18-0, in bench points.
Michigan State (21-7, 12-3) was led by Victoria Lucas-Perry, who scored 14 points and grabbed six rebounds.
Mia Johnson collected 11 points for the Spartans, who had their six-game winning streak snapped.
Allyssa DeHaan added eight points, eight rebounds and three blocks for Michigan State, which shot just 35 percent (17-of-49).
- Illinois women lose leading scorer Chatrice White Apr 15
- Illinois athletic director: Women's coach will be back Mar 23
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away to beat Belmont 74-60 Mar 18
- Belmont-Michigan St. Preview Mar 17
- Michigan State's star insists she isn't thinking about WNBA Mar 16
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Penn State tops Illinois 75-66 at Big Ten women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 20 Michigan St outlasts No. 5 Ohio St 107-105 in 3 OTs Feb 27