Charles, UConn roll to 12th consecutive winFeb 24, 2007 - 8:54 PM HARTFORD, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Freshman Tina Charles and Connecticut continued to have very little trouble with their Big East competition.
Charles had 21 points and 13 rebounds as the third-ranked Huskies rolled to a 92-49 rout of Villanova in a Big East Conference mismatch.
Winning for the 12th straight time, Connecticut (26-2, 15-0 Big East) claimed its fourth straight conference game by at least 14 points.
Despite playing just 25 minutes, Charles shot 10-of-16 from the field in leading five players in double figures in points.
Mel Thomas scored 15 points and Renee Montgomery added 13 and eight assists for the Huskies, who shot 51 percent (36-of-70) and converted 14 turnovers by the Wildcats into 21 points.
Stacie Witman and Lisa Karcic both had 17 points for Villanova (7-21, 1-14), which absorbed its 13th straight loss.
- AT HARTFORD CT
NCAA WOMENS BB FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
VILLANOVA 17 32 49
CONNECTICUT (3) 45 47 92 FINAL
Feb 24 1:41 PM
- AT HARTFORD CT
NCAA WOMENS BB VILLANOVA 17
CONNECTICUT (3) 45 HALFTIME
Feb 24 12:43 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2