Louisville upends lowly SyracuseFeb 24, 2007 - 10:50 PM SYRACUSE, New York (Ticker) -- Angel McCoughtry scored 20 points as No. 21 Louisville swept the season series over Syracuse with a 68-56 Big East Conference victory.
Brandie Radde had 15 points and Toni Slaughter added 11 off the bench for the Cardinals (24-5, 10-5 Big East), who snapped a three-game road losing streak.
Louisville avoided a fourth with a big second-half push, turning a 48-43 edge into a 16-point advantage behind a 13-2 spurt. Slaughter had all of her points during the burst.
Nicole Michael had 17 points and 12 rebounds but also committed 10 of the Orange's 22 turnovers.
Fantasia Goodwin added 14 points for Syracuse (9-19, 3-12), which shot 4-of-14 (29 percent) on 3-pointers in dropping its sixth straight home game.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOUISVILLE (21) 30 38 68
SYRACUSE 28 28 56 FINAL
Feb 24 2:37 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LOUISVILLE (21) 30
SYRACUSE 28 HALFTIME
Feb 24 1:37 PM
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse May 17
- Syracuse defense cracks under UConn onslaught in title game Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Syracuse hoping for big payoff from run to championship game Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Syracuse women reach new heights under Coach Q Mar 31
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26