Wisconsin-Green Bay clinches Horizon League crownFeb 25, 2007 - 1:24 AM GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (Ticker) -- Nicole Soulis scored 19 points and Amanda Popp added 18 as No. 23 Wisconsin-Green Bay won its 20th consecutive game, an 84-70 victory over Butler.
The Phoenix (23-3, 14-0 Horizon) wrapped up their ninth consecutive regular-season league title by capturing their 13th straight home contest in their final home game of the campaign.
Unbeaten since November 29 against DePaul, Wisconsin-Green Bay broke open the contest with a 16-2 run midway through the second half, including 13 points in a row. It was the 300th win in school history.
Natalie Berglin scored 16 points and Kayla Groh grabbed 11 rebounds for the Phoenix, who shot 53 percent (33-of-62) from the floor.
Lade Akande scored 17 points, Ellen Hamilton had 15 and Jackie Closser 13 for Butler (12-14, 9-5), which has dropped three of its last five.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BUTLER 39 31 70
WISC GREEN BAY (23) 41 43 84 FINAL
Feb 24 5:41 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (23) 41 HALFTIME
Feb 24 4:38 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- No. 23 DePaul women cruise past Butler 102-63 Feb 14
- Florida coach Butler not with team for Lady Vols game Jan 7
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler Nov 25
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11