Wisconsin-Green Bay continues to rule Horizon LeagueMar 2, 2007 - 3:56 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Nicole Soulis and Wisconsin-Green Bay continued to be unchallenged in the Horizon League.
Soulis scored 12 points as the Phoenix continued their undefeated run through league play with a 78-60 victory over Loyola of Chicago.
Reserve Kati Harty had 12 points and Natalie Berglin, Rachel Porath and Erin Templin added 10 each for Wisconsin-Green Bay (24-3, 15-0 Horizon), which captured its 21st straight win.
The Phoenix close out the regular season at Illinois-Chicago.
Shooting 54 percent (15-of-28) from the field in the first half, the Phoenix built up a 42-27 lead at intermission. They finished 53 percent (31-of-59) and collected 16 steals, leading to 20 points off 20 turnovers by the Ramblers.
Maggie McCloskey scored 19 points for Loyola (7-19, 5-10), which absorbed its third straight home loss and fifth in its last six games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WISC GREEN BAY (20) 42 36 78
LOYOLA CHI 27 33 60 FINAL
Mar 1 9:34 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (20) 42
LOYOLA CHI 27 HALFTIME
Mar 1 8:43 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Loyola of Chicago stuns No. 17 DePaul women 88-75 Dec 21
- No. 19 Michigan State women cruise past Loyola Chicago 76-47 Dec 6
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10