Wisconsin-Green Bay slips by Illinois-ChicagoMar 4, 2007 - 5:52 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Nicole Soulis scored 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds to helped No. 20 Wisconsin-Green Bay beat Illinois-Chicago, 58-45, in the Horizon League Tournament quarterfinals.
Kayla Groh and Natalie Berglin each scored 11 points and Amanda Popp added 10 for Wisconsin-Green Bay (25-3, 16-0 Horizon), who are the first team to finish perfect in league play since 1989-90.
The Phoenix shot 41 percent (7-of-17) from behind the arc and held a 45-38 advantage in rebounds in a contest with only two ties and two lead changes.
Illinois-Chicago (18-11, 11-5) didn't have any players score in double figures and merely shot 32 percent (18-of-58) from the field and converted only 5-of-17 3-point attempts (29 percent).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WISC GREEN BAY (20) 22 36 58
ILLINOIS CHI 19 26 45 FINAL
Mar 3 9:45 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (20) 22
ILLINOIS CHI 19 HALFTIME
Mar 3 8:49 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10
- Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright State Feb 11
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9