Purdue advances to WNIT title gameNov 16, 2006 - 2:39 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Purdue couldn't miss a shot and North Carolina State couldn't make one.
Katie Gearlds scored 14 points and the 13th-ranked Boilermakers used a hot-shooting first half to open a big lead and then coasted to a 68-38 victory over the Wolfpack in the WNIT semifinals.
Purdue shot 52 percent (14-of-27) from the field in the first half to take a commanding 34-16 lead at the break. Conversely, North Carolina State connected on just 6-of-30 shots (20 percent) in the opening 20 minutes.
The Boilermakers advance to the WNIT championship game against the winner of Thursday night's contest between Baylor and BYU.
Erin Lawless and Danielle Campbell scored 12 points apiece for Purdue.
North Carolina State (2-1), which shot 22 percent (13-of-58) for the game, was led by Keisja Brown with nine points.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan State women beat Purdue 68-56 Jan 27
- No. 23 Louisville women rally past NC State 92-90 Jan 17