Chambers, Darrah help Georgia to easy winNov 16, 2006 - 2:43 AM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Cori Chambers scored 22 points and Megan Darrah added 20 and 11 rebounds as eighth-ranked Georgia cruised to an 89-35 victory over North Carolina A&T in a non-conference matchup.
Chambers made 8-of-13 shots, including 6-of-9 3-pointers, and Darrah went 7-of-11 from the field with four steals for the Lady Bulldogs (2-0), who jumped out to a 41-18 lead at halftime.
Janese Hardrick had 14 points and seven assists and Ashley Houts contributed nine and eight for Georgia, which drained 10-of-18 attempts from the arc and handed out 23 assists.
Ahmad Williams scored 11 points, but was the lone player in double figures for the Lady Aggies (1-1), who shot a frigid 27 percent (13-of-48) overall and committed 30 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- North Carolina A&T women top Coppin State for MEAC title Mar 12
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4