LeBlanc scored 15 in sloppy LSU rout of TulsaNov 25, 2006 - 1:51 AM SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Ticker) -- RaShonta LeBlanc had 15 points and five assists and ninth-ranked Louisiana State opened the second half on a huge run to post a 61-37 victory over Tulsa in the UTSA Thanksgiving Classic.
The only player in double figures for either team, LeBlanc shot 5-of-6 from the floor and made three of her four shots from the arc. Two of her 3-pointers helped spark a 26-0 run that opened the second half and gave LSU a 49-14 edge.
The Tigers (6-1) committed 27 turnovers, missed 10-of-18 free throws and allowed 16 offensive rebounds to an outmanned Golden Hurricanes (2-2) squad. However, the LSU defense totally shut down Tulsa, which turned the ball over 37 times and shot just 28 percent (12-of-43) from the floor.
Erica White had seven points and six steals for the Tigers, who used 12 players for at least 10 minutes each.
Jamie Dreiling had seven points but six turnovers and Jillian Robbins added 10 rebounds for Tulsa.
LSU will play Eastern Washington on Saturday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- Williams leads No. 21 South Florida women past Tulsa, 72-66 Feb 24
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4
- Cunningham, No. 22 Missouri women beat LSU 52-46 Jan 28
- UConn rolls to season-high 64 point win over Tulsa Jan 27
- No. 20 Florida women rally to defeat LSU 53-45 Jan 17
- No. 13 Texas A&M women pull away from LSU 53-35 Jan 10