Gonzaga shuts down Quinn, UCLANov 25, 2006 - 2:25 AM HONOLULU, Hawaii (Ticker) -- Gonzaga shut down Noelle Quinn to spring an upset on UCLA.
Michelle Elliott scored 20 points to lead the Bulldogs to a 62-57 victory over the 19th-ranked Bruins in the Rainbow Wahine Classic.
Quinn, a 6-foot senior and UCLA's leading scorer, was held without a field goal and managed just one point. She was 0-for-8 from the field.
The Bulldogs (5-1) didn't shoot or rebound particularly well but opened up a 12-point halftime lead and held on for the victory.
Heather Bowman scored 11 points and Jami Bjorklund added 10 for Gonzaga, which shot just 33 percent (22-of-66) and was outrebounded, 45-43.
Chinyere Ibekwe scored 21 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for UCLA (2-3), which shot 36 percent (22-of-62) and missed all but one of 14 shots from the arc.
Gonzaga plays North Carolina in Saturday's semfinals, while UCLA faces Sacramento State.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past No. 12 UCLA Feb 22