Second-half surge carries Delaware past KentuckyNov 25, 2006 - 4:37 AM SAN FRANCISCO, California (Ticker) -- Kentucky couldn't cope with the hot shooting of Delaware.
Tyresa Smith scored 28 points and Chrissy Fisher added 22 as the Blue Hens rallied for a stunning 86-70 victory over the 24th-ranked Wildcats.
Delaware (3-1) shot a blistering 67 percent (16-of-24) in the second half in beating a ranked team for the first time in school history.
Trailing, 42-31, the Blue Hens scored the final eight points of the first half to pull within 42-39 at the break.
Fisher then scored seven points in a 9-0 run to put Delaware ahead for good, 50-46.
Smith later capped an 8-0 spurt that extended the advantage to 60-50 and the Wildcats (2-2) never got any closer.
Smith made 10-of-16 shots to help Delaware shoot 61 percent (30-of-49).
Sarah Elliott led Kentucky with 26 points and 12 rebounds.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18