Bowling Green wins 17th straight, clinches divisionFeb 18, 2007 - 3:19 AM BUFFALO, New York (Ticker) -- Megan Thorburn scored 22 points and No. 17 Bowling Green cruised to its 17th straight victory with an 85-44 Mid-American Conference rout over Buffalo.
Thorburn shot 8-of-14 from the field and 6-of-11 from 3-point range for the Falcons (24-2, 13-0 MAC), who clinched the East Division title.
Carin Horne had 15 points and Kate Achter added 14 for Bowling Green, which shot 54 percent (31-of-57).
Amber Flynn scored 10 points and fellow reserve Lindsay Goldsberry had seven, six assists and six steals for the the Falcons, who have not lost since hosting Duke on December 19.
Jamie Schiebner shot 7-of-9 and collected 17 points for the Bulls (8-17, 3-10), who committed 24 turnovers and shot just 36 percent (17-of-47).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BOWLING GREEN (17) 47 38 85
BUFFALO 27 17 44 FINAL
Feb 17 6:42 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BOWLING GREEN (17) 47
BUFFALO 27 HALFTIME
Feb 17 5:48 PM
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- Buffalo women advance to first-ever NCAA Tournament Mar 12
- Legette-Jack named Buffalo women's basketball coach Jun 14
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15
- Notre Dame needs overtime to down Bowling Green Dec 5