Quigley scores 26 points as DePaul captures tourney titleNov 19, 2006 - 5:39 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Allie Quigley scored 26 points as No. 22 DePaul captured the DePaul Invitational championship with a 90-64 victory over Illinois State.
Quigley made 11-of-16 shots, including 3-of-4 from the arc, to lead a 53 percent (36-of-68) shooting charge by the Blue Demons.
DePaul (2-1) also made 13-of-27 3-pointers and held a 41-29 rebounding advantage. Erin Carney was the primary force on the boards with 10, including six on the offensive glass.
Caprice Smith scored 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds, Holly Medley added 13 points and Quigley dished out eight assists for the Blue Demons.
Illinois State (2-2) was led by Kenyatta Shelton, who scored 14 points on 7-of-13 shooting. Kristi Cirone added 12 points and seven assists for the Redbirds, who shot just 40 percent (23-of-57) and committed 19 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19