Walker's double-double fuels California past PepperdineNov 19, 2006 - 6:40 AM MALIBU, California (Ticker) -- After a slow start, Ashley Walker and California woke up in a big way.
Walker collected 25 points and 11 rebounds as the 19th-ranked Bears pulled away for a 72-54 triumph against Pepperdine in the championship game of the Timeout for HIV/AIDS Classic.
California (3-0) held only a 28-27 lead at halftime before outscoring Pepperdine (2-2) by a 44-27 margin in the second half.
Walker was the Bears' best offensive option, making 8-of-12 shots from the floor and 9-of-10 free throws.
Devanei Hampton contributed 17 points and eight rebounds and Lauren Greif and Keanna Levy had four steals apiece for Cal, which shot 52 percent (27-of-52). The Bears won despite making only one 3-pointer and connecting on just 17-of-27 free throws.
Daphanie Kennedy scored 15 points and Teiosha George netted 13 for Pepperdine, which shot only 35 percent (21-of-60) and committed 21 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3
- Plum leads No. 25 Washington women past Cal 75-65 Jan 31
- Billings leads No. 20 UCLA women past California 75-56 Jan 23
- Hanson leads No. 12 Oregon State women past Cal 70-48 Jan 16
- Utah women beat No. 21 Cal 84-79 Jan 10
- Arizona women knock off No. 21 California 57-52 Jan 5