Pluimer powers UCLA past Sacramento StateNov 25, 2006 - 9:36 PM HONOLULU (Ticker) -- Lindsey Pluimer scored 27 points to lead No. 19 UCLA to an 87-64 victory over Sacramento State in the consolation bracket of the Rainbow Wahine Classic.
The 6-4 Pluimer struggled offensively in the Bruins' 62-57 loss to Gonzaga on Friday, shooting just 5-of-18 from the floor. But the junior bounced back one day later, going 12-of-14 while grabbing eight rebounds.
Chinyere Ibekwe scored 17 points, Amanda Livingston had 12 points and 10 rebounds and Noelle Quinn added 12 points and 11 assists for UCLA (3-3), which held a 53-30 edge on the glass.
Despite shooting 57 percent (39-of-68) overall, the Bruins entered the break leading just 41-33. But Pluimer took over in the second half for UCLA, which shot 60 percent (21-of-35) over the final 20 minutes.
Atty Boyer scored 23 points and had eight rebounds for Sacramento State (1-5), which forced 25 turnovers but shot just 33 percent (24-of-73).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past No. 12 UCLA Feb 22