Doron leads top-ranked Maryland past MississippiNov 26, 2006 - 6:14 AM FREEPORT, Bahamas (Ticker) -- Shay Doron had 23 points and seven assists to lead top-ranked Maryland to a 110-79 triumph over Mississippi in the Junkanoo Jam.
Doron made 9-of-11 shots, including 2-of-3 from the arc, and hauled in six rebounds to pace five Terrapins in double figures.
Laura Harper scored 19 points while Crystal Langhorne chipped in 17 points and 13 rebounds for Maryland (7-0), which is off to its best start since opening the 1991-92 season with nine straight wins.
The Terps built a 56-35 halftime lead and never looked back, setting a tournament record for points in a single game.
Marissa Coleman scored 13 points and grabbed eight rebounds while Kristi Toliver added 12 points and eight assists for Maryland, which shot 59 percent (37-of-63) from the floor while enjoying a 53-33 edge on the glass.
Reserve Shawn Goff had 18 points and nine rebounds for Ole Miss (5-2), which shot just 37 percent (32-of-86).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- Wilson has 16, No. 3 South Carolina tops Mississippi 66-45 Feb 25